38 - Northern lights

MY POINT OF VIEW

My lifelong dream was to see the northern lights. I promised myself that one day I would see this northern light at least once in my life. Going to Lapland was the perfect time to see it. 
Very lucky I almost saw them EVERY night. Yet in the same place, they were all different. 
I spent several hours in the cold looking at them but it didn't matter, I was living a magical moment. So magical that I began to cry with joy at this natural spectacle.
I know it may sound strange but I felt like I was watching horses gallop through the sky and leave a magical stardust behind them.




LEGEND OF THE SÂMES

The Saami see through the Northern Lights the manifestation of a divine spirit and call them "the Fox Fires".

SCIENTIFIC EXPLANATION 

Scientifically, this phenomenon of luminescence can be explained by the entry into the atmosphere of solar particles, which release their energy near polar magnetic fields. They form with eruptions on the surface of the sun and when the solar wind hits the earth a few hours later. These aurora borealis are electric discharges that are caused by ionised gases that also influence the colour of the phenomenon, which can be red, golden yellow, white or green. Nimbusing the vault of heaven with sublime hues, the aurora moves softly under the effect of the wind, undulating and folding in on itself. This festival of colours lasts about 20 minutes and often from midnight to 3am. Several can be seen throughout the night. An unforgettable natural firework display not to be missed. Of course, the sky must be clear.





Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

PRESENTATION !

15 - Sauna in Finland

24 - Rauma